This ticket office not only sells tickets for the Montenvers train but also all other lift passes for the area that Compagnie du Mont Blanc cover.
The Montenvers train leads up to the Mer de Glace where you can view the famous glacier as well as the ice caves. The journey to the top takes around 20 minutes and climbs the mountainside running through the forest, tunnels cut through rock and over viaducts reaching a height of 1,913m. The attraction is open in both the winter and the summer months.
There is plenty of parking just opposite the the lift pass office in the Planards car park.
Also available at the lift pass office are piste maps, bus (& train where appropriate) timetables, weather forecasts, ski condition details and avalanche bulletins. You can also purchase the necessary mountain/ski insurance here if you do not already have the correct cover.
The staff speak English and all major credit cards are accepted here.
- 35 Place de la Mer de Glace, Chamonix-Mont-Blanc
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020