You've made up your mind – you want to come to Chamonix on your next ski holiday. As you start researching your trip, you find out that there’s more than one town in the area and that they all offer a great selection of chalets, apartments and hotels. Accommodation is one of the biggest expenses when booking a trip so you want to make sure that you’ve chosen where you’re going to stay carefully. Worry not, we’re here to help!
The oldest ski area in France, Chamonix conjures up images of high, snow-capped peaks and legendary mountain adventures. Dominated by the imposing silhouette of Mont-Blanc, the Chamonix Valley attracts millions of visitors each year who come here to sample its challenging ski slopes and conquer the Alpine summits.
There are several towns and villages along the Chamonix Valley, many of which are linked to the pistes thanks to an extensive network of ski and summer lifts. In a nutshell, the river Arve divides the valley into two wooded slopes and a narrow valley floor where the towns and villages stand, some spilling onto the foot of the mountains. Coming from Geneva and Passy, you can find Servoz, Les Houches, Chamonix, Les Praz, Les Bois, Le Lavancher, Argentiere, Le Tour and, on the border with Switzerland, Vallorcine.
- 5 things to consider before deciding where to stay in Chamonix
- Chamonix: The heart of the action
- Argentiere: On the doorstep of the Grands Montets ski area
- Les Houches: Family-friendly town
- Les Praz & Les Bois: Alpine luxury
- Vallorcine & Le Tour: Quiet villages with easy slope access
- Servoz: Traditional Alpine village
- Luxury hot spots in Chamonix
- Romantic corners in Chamonix
- Group accommodation in Chamonix
- Family-friendly areas in Chamonix
- Cheap accommodation in Chamonix
- Ski-in & ski-out accommodation in Chamonix
- Camping & glamping in Chamonix
- More inspiration...