This privately-run refuge is based in a cottage that is actually just over the border in Switzerland. Having been built in 1877, the accommodation is pretty basic and there is no drinkable tap water available. Water is provided at an additional cost.
The refuge is open from mid-June until mid-September. The restaurant is open for non-guests to purchase drinks, snacks and lunches. There are outdoor tables on a grassy plateau overlooking the Trient valley, a popular lunch stop for hikers and mountain bikers.
Accommodation is on a half-board basis only, including evening meal, bed and breakfast. Sheets and bedding are provided. Showers are not included in the price but are available for a small extra charge.
Please enquire directly with the refuge for this season's prices and opening/closing dates.
- Le Tour
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020