Vallorcine offers 8km of marked cross-country ski trails, suitable for beginners and intermediates. The circuit loops round from Vallorcine to Le Buet, meaning that you can start from either village, both of which are easily accessible by train.
The trail goes along the beautiful Eau Noire stream within a forest. It trail will be open from December 1st 2018 to March 31st 2019, snow conditions permitting. Access to the trails is €8.50 per day for adults and 5€ for children, with discounts for 'Carte d'hote' cardholders. The circuit is also very well suited to snowshoe walking (free entry).
There are regular entertainments such as nighttime ski sessions and ski-joering (skiing with horses). Enquire at the foyer for details.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020