The Aiguilles Rouges Nature Reserve is bio-diverse area of around 16,000 hectares with spectacular views of the Col des Montets. There is an information centre where you can find out about the animals and plants of the area and buy a drink or snack.
There is an information centre where you can find out about the animals and plants of the area and buy a drink or snack.
The nature trail is very easy to follow and the route is marked by numbered granite blocks. The whole circuit takes no more than 45 minutes at a leisurely stroll; to find out more please read our article on Short Family Hikes in Hiking in the Chamonix Valley.
This is a summer only activity, should you wish to discover the area in winter you can book a snowshoe tour with a number of local mountain guide companies.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020