This fantastic trail running race in the Chamonix valley covers a distance of 54km (4,000m altitude gain) and offers runners some of the most iconic and fantastic views of Mont Blanc and the surrounding valley.
Trail des Aiguilles Rouges starts from the town of Chamonix, the route climbs high up into the Aiguille Rouges nature reserve, taking a different path each year. Not for the faint hearted (or unprepared) the race covers a distance of 54km and a total ascent of over 4,000 metres. Top athletes can complete this race in around six and a half hours, but for many it will mean a long day of running lasting between 10 to 13 hours. If you don't want to take part, supporting the event and watching along the way can be just as fun.
- 54 kilometres, 4,000 metres of ascent
- Maximum number of runners: 650
- Four refreshment posts (three along the route – one at the finish) and one meal (buffet) at the finish
- Best time: 6hrs 20mins. Average time: 10hrs 30mins. Maximum time allowed: 13hrs 30mins
- 150 volunteers
The P'tit Trail des Aiguilles Rouges covers a 15km loop with around 1,200 metres of ascent and descent.
- 15 kilometres, 1,200 metres ascent
- Maximum number of runners: 250
- One refreshment post at the finish and one meal (buffet) at the finish
- Best time: 1hr 30mins. Maximum time allowed: 4 hours
Registration and more info via the website button above.