Exceptional locations around France, including Chamonix, will be open to visit on the Journées du Patrimoine - a European wide event inspired by by France’s Journées Portes Ouvertes which started in 1984.
European Heritage Days (EHD) are an annual event in France where members of the public are encouraged to immerse themselves in their local history and culture.
Museums, churches, and galleries all open their doors to the public for a weekend of celebration and the event has become increasingly popular over the years.
Dates for this event
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020