The Gervasutti refuge situated above the Freboudze glacier sleeps up to 12 mountaineers at a time and is equipped with bunk beds, kitchen facilities, dining area, storage racks and a room with a view.
The bivouac is basecamp for the routes to the Grandes Jorasses, Petites Jorasses, Aiguille de Leschaux and Mont Greuvetta.
The approach to the bivouac is tricky, long and tiring and is mostly without path or track, so can be easy to loose the way. There are yellow signals and stone piles indicate the routes, but in a very rough way.
For experienced hikers, climbers and mountaineers only.
Please enquire directly with the refuge for this season's prices and opening/closing dates.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020