Les Houches has 2 cross-country ski areas, both of which are free to use.
The Chavants area comprises 2 circuits of around 3km which follow an easy route around the lake and through the forest.
The Prarion area is at 1850m (accessed via the Prarion gondola) and is more challenging with longer trails that loop around a high altitude plateau, affording beautiful views of the Chamonix and Passy valleys.
Equipment can be rented fairly cheaply from local ski hire shops.
- Les Chavants / La Prarion Les Houches 74310 France
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020