Situated in a house dating back to the 1750's, this museum showcases mountain lifestyles from the reconstruction of 3 pieces of traditional housing and objects from everyday life.
There is a permanent collection or rural exhibits, toys, farming equipment and heritage items, as well as the occasional temporary exhibition during the year.
Adult price 4 euros, concessions, carte d'hote & residents 2 euros, free for kids under 18.
Opening dates & times:
School holidays: Wednesday, Thursday and Friday from 14:00-18:00.
Summer holidays (July & August): every day except Tuesday from 14:30-18:00.
- Museums / Galleries
- 2 place de l'Eglise
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020