Situated in the Val Ferret valley in Italy at the mouth of the vallee de Malatra this refuge has stunning views on all sides and is relatively easy to access at all times of year.
The refuge can be reached from Courmayeur. Once in Entrèves take the Val Ferret, continuing to Lavachey. The refuge is located on the orographic left side of this valley, at 2025 meters. Its location, at the entrance of the Valley of Malatrà, is a good vantage point of the Mont Blanc massif.
In addition to being an ideal starting point for tours of varying difficulty and length, it’s a rest stop of the TMB (Tour Mont Blanc), the T.G.B. (Tour the Great St. Bernard) and Alta Via # 1.
Accommodation can be booked bed only, or including breakfast and/or dinner. Beds are provided with blankets and pillows but for hygiene reasons you must provide your own sheet or sleeping bag liner (they can also be rented at the refuge depending on availability).
Please contact the refuge directly for this season's prices and opening/closing dates.
- Central / Underfloor heating
- Pedestrian access
- Pets not allowed
- Mountain views
- Flexible catering options
- Val Ferret, Italy
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020