Cascade du Dard is a dramatic waterfall tucked away in the forest beneath the Aiguille du Midi.
Starting from Chamonix bus station, this hike only takes around 45 minutes there and less back, making it ideal if you only have time for a quick jaunt. The view of the cascade is worth the effort and the dense forest gives you the feeling of having escaped into the wilderness within a very short distance of Chamonix town.
Once you get near to the waterfall there are a couple of bridges to cross that give you a fantastic view of the cascade in all its glory.
- Distance: 2km
- Highest Point: 1233m
- Vertical Gain: 205
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020