Discover the minerals from the Mont Blanc Valley, famous throughout the world, and learn more about the art of mountaineering.
The Espace Tairraz has a collection of minerals and crystals collected in the valley, particularly smoked quartz and pink fluorspar.
There is also an interactive exhibition dedicated to mountaineering, where you can get under a modern mountaineer's skin and get to grips with the mountains that have been the major mountaineering challenges. There you can organise your own expedition and climb famous mountain faces using the world's first mountaineering simulator. Enjoy the experience of mountaineering without the risks!
Open daily in July and August 10h-18h. Outside school holidays every day from 14h-18h, and during school holidays also in the morning 10h-13h.
Closed 25th December, 1st January and 1st May.
- Disabled access
- Museums / Galleries
- 615 Allée du Recteur Payot
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020