Every year Chamonix hosts the Climbing World Cup, as some of the best climbers in the world descend on the resort for three days of fantastic climbing action.
Organised by the FFME (French Federation for Climbing and Mountaineering) and the Chamonix Club des Sports, the event is held at Place du Mont Blanc, where a “Climbing Village” of around 20 exhibitors springs up at the base of the two specially built climbing walls and a big screen. Standing at approximately 15m high and 6m wide, one wall is built for speed climbing and the other is built for lead climbing, each giving two climbing 'lanes' 3m wide.
Get the full schedule and more information via the website linked above.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020