The Prarion gondola gives access to the whole of the Les Houches ski area; the local bus stops right outside and there is a car park within just a few minutes walk.
Les Houches is perfectly suited to families and beginners due to a wide range of gentle runs and very few steep gradients. It is one of the few areas where the mountain restaurants are independently run and therefore the choice and quality is much better than in other ski areas.
Les Houches is a good option for bad-weather days as it is mostly sheltered by the trees and therefore has better visibility when there is heavy cloud cover.
The Prarion and Bellevue lifts are also open in the summer, when Les Houches is a very popular hiking and mountain biking area. Dogs are allowed only on the Bellevue lift.
You can buy your lift passes directly from the office a the bottom of the gondola. Also available at the lift pass office are piste maps, bus (& train where appropriate) timetables, weather forecasts, ski condition details and avalanche bulletins. You can also purchase the necessary mountain/ski insurance here if you do not already have the correct cover.
- Place de Prarions Les Houches
More Chamonix Insights...
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix