Summer is over and interseason well and truly underway in Chamonix. It's at this time of year that the number of tourists dwindles and the locals get their town back for a few weeks before the winter season hits.
But don't let the lift closures get you down, there's still plenty to do in the valley in October. From golf tournaments to first division hockey and traditional fetes, here is a quick rundown of some of the best events happening over the coming month, as well as what weather to expect and what to do.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches