Parc de Merlet is a great place to spot some local animals in their natural environment. A nature reserve, rather than a zoo, the park is perched on a large sunny plateau high above Les Houches with stunning views across to Mont Blanc.
Accompanied by a qualified mid-mountain guide, this moderate snowshoe walk will take you through woodland and meadows where you can come face to face with several of the local alpine creatures in their natural environment. The 3 hour circuit takes in around 200m of altitude gain so a decent level of fitness is required, although this time includes plenty of stops for explanations and photo taking.
Available every Tuesday and Thursday from 13:00 to 17:00, depending on weather conditions. €35 adult / €25 child, including snowshoes & poles and minibus transport from Les Houches railway station to Coupeau. Advance booking is required - call +33 (0)6 78 50 03 96.
- Chemin de Merlet
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020