The Chamonix Valley authorities have decided to create three marked skinning tracks and open five pistes until 20:00 so that ski tourers can train safely, away from piste bashers and avalanche triggering.
These three marked skinning tracks are located in Les Houches (841m ascent), Les Grands Montets (730m ascent) and Le Tour (701m ascent). The pistes will be open to ski tourers from the closure of the ski area until 20:00 – or 21:00 in Les Houches). In addition to these three ski touring itineraries, the home runs in Brévent and Flégère will also be open until 20:00.
Remember that the skinning tracks will not be groomed or secured. For more information, check the leaflet issued by La Chamoniarde.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020