Producing craft beers heavily inspired by the mountains that surround this micro-brewery, the guys at Big Mountain Company create hoppy brews made with clear mountain water and smooth, warm malts.
This year, they've been awarded five prizes at the prestigious World Beer Awards, which highlight each country's best beers divided into nine different taste categories. Their small-batch series Orange Zest Sour was the winner in the Sour/Wild Ale category, while they got Gold in the American-style IPA section for their signature IPA.
In the Specialty category, they received Gold for their Tropical Smoothie IPA and Bronze for the Rye IPA. Finally, their Session IPA got the Silver distinction in the Session category.
You can try their beers at their bar in the centre of Chamonix, as well as at craft beer specialists Bighorn Bistro, in Cham Sud. Congratulations to the brewmasters at Big Mountain Brewing Company!
More Chamonix Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Snowiest week of the season in Chamonix
- Chamonix in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do