After six years of implementation, the Espace Mont-Blanc has successfully signed-off its 2007-2013 cross-border conservation plan.
The Espace Mont-Blanc is a cross-border initiative involving some 35 towns straddling the Savoie, Haute Savoie, Aosta Valley and the Valais.
These communities have engaged in the protection and enhancement of the territory surrounding the Mont Blanc massif.
The 2007-2013 plan was signed off at the Col des Montets refuge this week, with a verdict that the partners "have largely achieved their goals" through the numerous projects that were part of the plan.
These included the launch of an online booking platform for the Tour du Mont-Blanc and shuttle buses from Trient, Vallorcine, Finhaut & Salvan-Van d'en Haut.
Now the Espace Mont-Blanc are targeting increased funding from the European Union, with Switzerland bringing amount funding to the project, for future plans.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020