This webcam is located at the top of the Prarion Gondola in the Les Houches ski area and weather permitting will give you a fabulous panoramic shot of the valley.
In the centre you can see the departure point of the pistes/trails from the top station of the Prarion and Chamonix town is just visible in the distance on the valley floor. Towards the top of the image is a view of the entire Aiguilles mountain range cluminating in the snowy peak of Mont Blanc itself. Just below is the distinctive icy formation of the Bionnassay glacier which is also where the Tramway du Mont Blanc terminates at the Nid d'Aigle (Eagle's Nest) refuge. Many climbers start their ascent of Mont Blanc from this side via the "Voie Royale". One further point of interest below Mont Blanc is the Bellevue area of Les Houches, where you will find the Snow Park and the World Cup Schuss des Dames piste in winter - accessed directly from the Bellevue cable car.
Webcam image courtesy of the Compagnie du Mont Blanc
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020