View directly onto the Mer de Glace glacier in Chamonix. Located on the northern slopes of the Mont Blanc massif, at 5.6km and 200m deep, the Mer de Glace is the second longest glacier in Europe. See it for yourself with a walk and/or a train ride up to the Montenvers site. Before you go it is worth checking our webcam view overlooking the Montenvers railway station in Chamonix to see if there are any queues.
Webcam image courtesy of the Compagnie du Mont Blanc
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020