View directly onto the Mer de Glace glacier in Chamonix. Located on the northern slopes of the Mont Blanc massif, at 5.6km and 200m deep, the Mer de Glace is the second longest glacier in Europe. See it for yourself with a walk and/or a train ride up to the Montenvers site. Before you go it is worth checking our webcam view overlooking the Montenvers railway station in Chamonix to see if there are any queues.
Webcam image courtesy of the Compagnie du Mont Blanc
More Chamonix Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Snowiest week of the season in Chamonix
- Chamonix in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do