After days of sunshine and some overcast skies, Chamonix received a huge dump of snow on Tuesday and Wednesday covering the mountains in a deep, soft layer of fluffy powder.
This winter storm also brought high winds, delayed lift openings, and a raised avalanche risk. A bit more snow came on Thursday night so there are surely still more powder stashes to be found. However, conditions are tricky out there and there have been some skier-triggered avalanches in the valley so make sure you hire a mountain guide when venturing off-piste.
We're getting more snow over the weekend and a mixture of sunshine and clouds next week.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020