Les Houches is located 6km down the valley from Chamonix centre and can be reached easily by bus or by car.
It's an excellent place to learn how to ski or snowboard and is popular with families and beginner skiers as a result. With three designated nursery ski areas and 8 gentle rolling blue pistes higher up in the main ski area, it's great for those just starting to ski or snowboard, as well as those who want to improve technique on more challenging terrain.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches