No trip to Chamonix should be complete without a visit to the legendary "Mer de Glace", the longest and arguably the most impressive glacier in the Chamonix valley. It is also the largest glacier in France.
It's an impressive place to visit in either summer or winter, and should definitely be on your 'to do' list on a visit to Chamonix.
Find out everything you need to know about a visit in our sights & attractions section.
- Hiking / Walking
- Ice Climbing
- Mountain Walking
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020