A short but steep hike from Chamonix brings you to this rustic restaurant, named for the bright blooms that cover every inch of this traditional mountain refuge.
The terrace juts out over the mountainside, giving sweeping views of the valley floor and the entire Mont Blanc mountain range opposite. However, the floral displays here are just as breathtaking as the mountain views and it is well worth the walk up.
The chalet is open throughout summer and autumn, hours depending on daylight, serving simple lunches and snacks such as omelettes and salads. They also have a couple of picnic tables where you can eat your own sandwiches if you buy a drink. This is a great spot to stop for a rest and a refresher whilst hiking in the Flegere area.
Weather permitting, it's open from 1st May to the 1st November.
- Meeting Spaces
- No disabled access
- No wheelchair access
- Not suitable for elderly
- Pedestrian access
- Pets welcome
- Petit Balcon Sud
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020