The Leman Express will connect passengers from Geneva to St-Gervais-les-Bains without changing trains, with the line due for completion by December 2019.
The service is part of a larger Franco-Swiss plan which will connect 45 stations in both countries over 230km of lines, making it the largest cross-border regional rail network in Europe. 40 new trains will circulate on the new CEVA line (Cornavin-Eaux-Vives-Annemasse), serving Coppet, Evian-Les Bains, Annecy, St-Gervais and Annemasse. The St. Gervais service is scheduled to commence from December 15th, 2019. From here, passengers can take the Mont Blanc Express Train straight to Chamonix.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches