Royalty descended on Chamonix as Princess Beatrice - the eldest daughter of Prince Andrew and Sarah Ferguson - arrived in town ahead of a planned ascent of Mont Blanc later this week.
The Princess is hoping to climb Mont Blanc with Sir Richard Branson's children - Holly and Sam Branson - as part of the launch of their charity 'The Big Change'. Along with three others, the high profile trio decided to launch the charity with the aim of improving the lives of young people in the UK. Chamonix Dream Guides are leading the famous group on their high altitude adventure.
The group first came together in 2010 when they set a world record for the most people to complete a marathon tied together - the Caterpillar Run - and were subsequently inspired to create a permanent charity to help young people.
Virgin tycoon Sir Richard Branson will also be joining the group as a special guest when they attempt to climb the 4,810m peak later on this week.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Top 12 things for non-skiers to do in Chamonix
- Merry Christmas from the team at SeeChamonix.com
- Chamonix in October 2019 - What to see & do
- What's on in Chamonix July 2019