On February 22nd 2020, an immersive 4D cinema experience opened at the bottom of the Aiguille du Midi lift. The first film screening in this new space is 'L'Oiseau des Cimes' or 'The Bird from the Summits'.
Follow a majestic eagle as it flies over the Aiguille du Midi and the Mont-Blanc mountain range, offering a bird's-eye view of Chamonix's legendary snow-capped summits and epic glaciers. You'll be kitted out with 3D glasses and experience physical special effects, feeling like you're actually flying over the mountains.
The film lasts for 12 minutes with the first screening starting at 10:00 and the last one at 17:00 (closed for lunchtime from 13:00 to 13:45). Only kids aged 5 and over or reaching 1.10m or over can attend. Tickets cost €8 for adults, €6 for children aged 5-14 or seniors aged 65-79 and €24 for families (2 adults and 2 children).
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020