Winter is here! The Compagnie du Mont Blanc has just announced that the Grands Montets ski area, in the Chamonix Valley, will open partially on the weekend of November 23rd and 24th 2019 thanks to the early-season snowfalls.
Three lifts will be open – the Plan Joran and Bochard gondolas and the Tabé chairlift, giving access to four pistes – Bochard, Marmottons, Coq and Tabé. The Pierre à Ric homerun will be shut so skiers will need to descend in the Plan Joran gondola. The ski area will open at 09:00, with the return from Plan Joran scheduled until 16:45.
There will be discounted ski passes available, with one-day passes priced at €28 and weekend ski passes for €40. Ski pass offices will open from 08:40 to 16:30. Bon ski !
More Chamonix Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Snowiest week of the season in Chamonix
- Chamonix in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do