Due to unforeseen difficulties, the Compagnie du Mont Blanc has announced that the planned reopening of the Bochard gondola on March 30th will be delayed.
Despite the benign weather conditions, temperatures have been more wintery than anticipated for this time of year. This has made it difficult to inject sealing materials into the lift's anchorage system, mainly because of the longer drying times. A new reopening date will be announced very soon.
In the meantime, six lifts remain open in Les Grands Montets including the Plan Joran gondola, Herse, Retour Pendant and Tabe chairlifts, and the Marmottons and Petit Marmottons drag lifts, servicing 12 pistes.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches