Almost halfway through the ski racing season, we look back at the best of the action so far on the World Cup circuit, with the World Championships still to come. Like last year, the technical events have been dominated by two names – Marcel Hirscher and Mikaela Shiffrin – while the speed competition has been much more open.
As an odd-numbered year, 2019 is a World Championship year so the ski racing world is gearing up for Åre in Sweden in the middle of February. Meanwhile, there is a busy schedule of races to follow on the World Cup circuit throughout November, December and January. A World Championship win is a prestigious title, second only to an Olympic Medal as ski races go. But success in the overall World Cup circuit can be a more challenging achievement, requiring consistent performance throughout the whole season.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020