On Monday morning the guardian of the Tete Rousse refuge found two mountaineers had broken into a shelter only around 100m away from the main refuge.
The Polish father and son had apparently used their ice axes to break into the shelter through a window, opting to stay there over night and not in the refuge itself. The window is going to cost the town more then 2,000 euros to fix.
As they descended the mountain on Tuedsay afternoon, they were met from the Tramway du Mont Blanc by the police, and have since been summoned to appear in court at Bonneville in November.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th December 2020
- When is Chamonix opening for the ski season 2020/21?
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020