Organised by Les Amis du Cinéma and Cinéma Vox, the first edition of 'BritFlix - Rencontres avec le cinéma britannique' will take place at Chamonix's cinema this weekend, from Friday 17th to Sunday 19th of January.
From Oscar-nominated flick '1917' to indie film 'The Last Tree', the programme comprises six British movies, including feature-length and short films, with the chance to chat about them after each screening. Last night, we spoke to Geraldine d'Amico, a member of the local Les Amis du Cinéma association and organiser of the festival, who told us more about this one-of-a-kind event that will be bringing some of the best British films made in the last couple of years to the centre of Chamonix. Having moved into town just a year ago after 25 years living in the UK, Geraldine embodies the melting pot of cultures that is Chamonix, especially as the French and British are two of the largest communities here, and she sees this festival as an opportunity to connect them both through culture and a shared love of cinema.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches