After the announcement on March 15th that the Bochard gondola at the Grand Montets ski area would be closed for at least a week while works were carried out, Compagnie du Mont Blanc have said Friday that progress is going well, and they expect the lift to be back up and running by Saturday, March 30th.
During a recent routine survey of the gondola, an issue has been found at the arrival station. This problem is due to the ground's instability, caused by the geomorphological evolution of the area and changes in the permafrost. Due to the need to secure the lift system, the Compagnie du Mont Blanc took the decision to shut the gondola until these issues could be resolved.
While works are carried out, a special one-day €40 Grands Montets ski pass will be offered, while the Chamonix Le Pass ski pass will have a -10% discount. Furthermore, Compagnie du Mont Blanc have just announced that the lifts in the Brévent and Balme/Le Tour ski areas will be open until April 22nd 2019, a whole week after the previously scheduled closing date on April 14th.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches