The Chamonix lifts have already welcomed the first skiers and snowboarders, and they'll open again on Saturday, November 30th, for what is set to be an awesome 2019/20 season. It's been snowing on and off for pretty much the whole month and the Chamonix Valley and its slopes are covered in a fluffy blanket of fresh snow.
Thanks to these early-season snowfalls, the season started before the scheduled date in Chamonix, with the Grands Montets lifts whirring into action last Saturday. Snow depths reach up to a metre at 3300m, with around 20cm of snow down in the valley. The weather forecast is for more snow today and on Sunday.
Are you ready to carve the first turns of the season in Chamonix? Roll on winter!
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches