Nestled just off to the right hand side of the main gondola at Le Tour is La Vormaine ski area.
The ski area sits at an altitude of 1,462m and has 4 button lifts of varying lengths and a magic carpet, giving beginners access to the gently sloping ski area. The lifts give you access to 2 green pistes, a blue and a freestyle area, perfect if you’re skiing for the first time or with young children.
The lifts open on 19th December from 09:00 to 16:30 every day.
A snack bar can be found on site as well as a children's only area which is managed by the local ESF ski school.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020