It's been snowing pretty much the whole week in Chamonix. Last night, the snow limit dropped even lower covering not only the mountains but also the town with a fresh, fluffy blanket of snow.
Around 15cm of snow has fallen in some places at valley level, with over 20cm on the pistes and more than 30cm at the top of the Aiguille du Midi. More snow is set to fall this morning, as well as next Sunday, Monday and Tuesday, with some forecasts estimating that we'll get up to 60cm of fresh snow in the next 10 days.
These first snowfalls will create a solid base for what we hope will be another fantastic season in Chamonix. Lifts in Grands Montets may open in a week, on November 16th, with the whole ski area scheduled to open in just over a month, on Saturday, December 14th. Time to book your ski trip to Chamonix!
More Chamonix Insights...
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches