After a couple of weeks of wall to wall sunshine, the snow has returned to the Chamonix Valley. Around 12cm fell down on the valley floor with 35cm on the highest slopes.
Current snow depths stand at around 2m at the top of the Aiguille du Midi and 130cm at mid-mountain level, in Grands Montets and Brévent. The sun will shine today and on Sunday and Monday, with perhaps a light dusting of snow on Tuesday and clouds in the sky for the rest of the week.
More Chamonix Insights...
- Safety measures in Chamonix winter 2020/21
- Travellers welcome to Chamonix from June 15th 2020
- Flights to Geneva restart in June 2020
- Chamonix sights reopen in May 2020
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020