Pierre-chaud, or pierrade, and braserade are strictly for committed carnivores - if you like your meat to come with a side of meat then this is your kind of meal.
"Pierre-chaud" literally translates as "hot rock" - a red hot slate on which you sizzle a selection of raw meats. The braserade is along the same lines but is more similar to a table-top BBQ.
The meats come with a choice of seasonings and you can can cook them exactly to your liking. Both dishes usually come with a selection of sauces and potatoes or fries.
More Chamonix Insights...
- A farewell to the 2019/20 ski season in Chamonix
- French ski areas close on 15th March 2020
- Mixed conditions in Chamonix as spring approaches
- Chamonix Dump Alert - 6th March 2020
- Snowiest week of the season in Chamonix
- Chamonix in March 2020 - What weather to expect & what to do